Philips Arm Gold Camp
Unity Metals Corp. is pleased to announce the results from Q1 field reconnaissance program in the Phillips Arm Gold Camp, which is comprised of the Margurete, Hewitt Point claims.
The primary purpose of the program was to follow up on and verify historic outcrop sampling from 1985 and drill holes from 1986, both conducted by Falconbridge, to refine targets for Unity’s proposed 2019 diamond drilling program. The investigation was successful, in that assay results from the reconnaissance program returned similar values seen in the upper sections of the 1986 drilling. In total, 99 rock samples and 2.32m of backpack drill core were taken.
- The best rock sample (#36733), taken from a vein outcrop at the Falconbridge 1986 drill pad, assayed 14.05g/t Au, 34g/t Ag and 0.78% Zn.
- Another rock sample (#36730), obtained from a road cut along vein strike from Falconbridge drill pad, assayed 4.21g/t Au.
- In addition, a further seven samples assayed greater than 1g/t Au and overall one third (32/99) of the samples assayed greater than 0.1g/t Au, which may be indicative of a broader mineralized system.
- In addition, a new target area was also identified through an outcrop located in a previously unexplored section in the south of the Margurette claims. A sample from that outcrop assayed 1.84g/t Au and 1.6g/t Ag.
- Back pack drilling at the surface of the Falconbridge 1986 drill pad also encountered anomalous gold values. The highest value obtained was 0.644g/t Au over 0.49m (#MG19-02).
Unity is also pleased to announce that it has completed an initial prospecting and backpack drilling program on the new Hewitt and Enid claim blocks in the Phillips Arm Gold Camp. In all, 132 samples were collected, with 15 collected on the Enid claims and the balance collected on the Hewitt Point block. 1
At Hewitt Point three historic occurrences were identified and sampled with mineralization found at all three and, in some cases, followed and sampled along strike. The Amethyst and Hewitt adits were mapped and sampled while the Monte Cristo historic bulk sample site was also identified and sampled. Tracing mineralized veins away from the historic adits may lead to expansion of known mineralization. Assay results will be announced as they become available.
Philips Arm Gold Camp Gallery
Stay up-to-date and get news and project updates!
Type in your email to subscribe to our mailing list to receive news releases and project updates.